I used to miss having this once I got married. My hubby and his family are foodies and entirely open to taste different cuisines any time. Once I learned making the Rice Vermicelli from my MIL (the Kerala Style), I have been making this with the left overs. In my mom’s place we make fresh Rice Vermicelli when we plan to make this for breakfast. It is quick and easy..healthy too.. Here is the recipe…
This is similar to our normal Lemon Rice, only we replace the rice with the Rice Vermicelli.
– Coarsely powder the left over Rice Vermicelli. Keep aside.
– Heat oil in a big pan and crackle mustard seeds.
– Add channa dal, Peanut/ Cashew nuts and fry until they turn slight golden in color.
– Add Onion and green chillies and fry till the onions are translucent.
– Add curry leaves and fry and then add turmeric powder and salt to taste and saute for a minute.
– Remove from flame.
– Mix in the lemon juice and stir.
– Add the vermicelli to the tempering mixture along with chopped coriander and mix.
– Heat the mixture if required and serve it warm with coconut chutney.
Note: You can also use the instant Rice Vermicelli instead. Prepare the Rice vermicelli as per instructions on pack. Completely cool before use.