I usually make soups every day. Yesterday night I had only carrot and beetroot at home. I tried making this soup in the same way I make other soups. Viola, it turned out superb and my son liked the colour and had a bowl full of warm soup (he usually makes fuss when drinking soup)..
Try this healthy Carrot-Beetroot soup and impress your family.
– Peel, wash and chop carrot, beetroot in chunks.
– In a Pressure cook heat the oil/butter. Add the chopped carrot and beetroot chunks along with bay leaf and minced garlic.
– Sauté and add 1 cup water. Cook for 1-2 whistles
– Once the pressure releases, allow it to cool.
– Remove the bay leaf and grind the rest into smooth paste adding little more water if needed.
– Sieve the puree back to the pressure cooker. (You can make the soup without Sieving also)
– Add the remaining water/veggie stock and bring to boil.
– Simmer for 6-8 minutes on medium to low flame.
– Remove from heat.
– Add lemon juice, just before you serve.
– Serve hot or warm.