Making children to eat food is a difficult task. Mom’s need to think out of box to make the food exiting enough for their children to eat it.
My son loves upma unlike most of us, but still prefers I cook it in different colours. So recently made this Red Upma using Red chilli powder instead of Green chilies.
I have not added any veggies to this, but adding veggies too will be great.
– Roast rava on medium flame sauté continuously till the rawness goes (about 5-7 minutes). Remove and keep aside to cool.
– Keep 2 Cups of water for boiling.
– Heat oil in the same pan, add mustard and allow spluttering.
– Add peanuts and saute till almost done.
– Then add in the channa and urad dals and fry till they change colour.
– Add onions and curry leaves and fry till onion is translucent.
– Add the red chili powders, grated coconut and coriander leaves. Mix well.
– Add the roasted semolina and salt. Mix.
– Add the boiling water and stir well.
– Cover and simmer the flame.
– Cook till all the water absorbed.
– Mix well and serve hot with/without chutney.