Chutneys are required to be served with idlis, dosas and other tiffin varieties, or as a side dish for rice preparations.
Lots of varieties of chutney’s are prepared in south India using coconut.
Some times when you are out-of-stock of Fresh coconut, try making this fast and yet delicious using Dry Coconut or Copra chutney.
– Grind the Grated Dry Coconut, Red Chillies, onion, tamarind pulp and salt to taste into an almost smooth paste.
– Heat oil in a tadka pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add Curry leaves and pour this on the chutney.
– Serve with Idly, Dosa, Chapati or rice.
– You can substitute red chillies with green chillies and can also use fresh coriander leaves in grinding to get a Green Coloured Chutney.