I made this fast and easy tangy Tomato Chicken curry a few days ago for dinner. This is a slight variation from the usual Tomato chicken recipe. Both my hubby & son liked it very much.
– Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the onion and fry till translucent.
– Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 3-4 minutes stirring continuously.
– Now add the Chicken Masala and Garam Masala Powders. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
– Add Chicken pieces and stir until the mixture is nicely coated on them.
– Sauté for 4-5 more minutes on medium heat.
– Add the tomato puree and cook the oil separates in the sides.
– Add ½ cup water and close the lid. Cook for 2 whistles.
– Remove and boil the mixture to the required consistency.
– Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
– I boiled the mixture to get a thick sauce consistency as I was serving it with Chappatis, you can keep the sauce to a semi-thick consistency if serving with rice.