I always remember how my mom ended up making about ½ kilo of this stir fry whenever she made Rasam with rice, as we all love eating it with rasam.
Here goes the recipe…
– Trim both the ends of the beans. Wash and finely chop the beans.
– Bring 1/2 cup water to boil in a pressure cooker.
– Add salt and the chopped french beans. Let the water come to boil again.
– Close lid and allow 1 whistle. Switch off the flame.
– Release the pressure by lifting the whistle with an wooden spatula. This allows the colour of the beans to remain intact.
– Remove lid and pour into a colander. DO NOT throw the water it can be used by adding into sambar or rasam. Keep drained beans aside.
– Heat oil in a shallow fry pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add in the channa dal at this stage and stir fry till colour changes.
– Now add onion, green chillies and curry leaves and stir fry till onion is translucent.
– On low flame, add the cooked beans and grated coconut and mix well.
– Garnish with coriander and serve with plain white Rice and sambar or rasam.