This is one of the simplest raitha’s to make and serve with your Pulao/Biryani’s.
– In a bowl, combine cucumber, Black Pepper Powder, Cumin Seeds Powder, coriander leaves and salt. Leave it aside for 10 minutes.
– Leaving aside will allows all the juices in the cucumber to come out.
– Add the plain yogurt/curd just before serving.
– Alternatively, all the ingredients can be combined, covered and kept in the refrigerate for about ½ hour to allow flavors to blend.
– The Cucumber can be used unpeeled also.
– Use either the green chillies or the black pepper powder in the raitha.
– I usually use the black pepper powder during cold weather.