Dill leaves has a distinct taste and is not liked by all. It is used around the world in both Fresh and dried forms in many dishes, be it fish, chicken or just vegetable salad.
We get lots of fresh greens in Bangalore, however, its rare in Kochi. There are few greens that we get here regularly… Amaranth(Red and Green), Spinach, Fenugreek, Mint and Coriander leaves.
Rarely do we get the other greens.
Made this when my father was here for some time as both my hubby and son don’t like the taste.
Here goes the recipe.
– In a kadai heat oil and add mustard seeds, allow spluttering.
– Now add in the onion, curry leaves and green chillies. Stir fry till onion is translucent.
– In the meanwhile, keep 2 cups of water to boil in a separate vessel.
– Add in the dill leaves, salt, sugar and grated coconut and stir fry for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
– Add the rava and mix well.
– Add the boiling water to the rava mix and stir well to a lump free mixture.
– Cover and cook till the water is absorbed.
– Serve hot.