Also called as Puri Usli or Madakki Usli/Uppittu. This was some thing that a neighbour near our Quarters home in bangalore used to make quite often for evening snacks. It could be made as a diet breakfast as well.
Remembered it and tried making this when the Puffed Rice I had bought here went soft.
Enjoy this quick dish either as an evening snack or diet breakfast.
– Wash the puffed rice in a colander and drain it well. Set it aside.
– Heat a wok. Add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add Oil and allow to heat.
– Add channa dal, urad dal and allow changing color.
– Then add asafoetida, curry leaves and stir fry till curry leaves become crisp.
– Add onion and chillies and stir fry till onions are translucent.
– Switch off flame and add in the grated coconut and coriander leaves.
– Mix in the drained puffed rice.
– Heat for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
– Serve hot.