Mangalore Bajji is a popular snack in South Canara. It is also known as Goli Baje.
I used to have this while working in Infosys. Along with my friends, I used to go to the restaurant that made Mangalore Bajji for evening snacks. Miss those days very much. So asked my mom the recipe and made it at home.
Although it did not come in a round shape, the taste was same. Will upload the once in round shape the next time I make these.
– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except oil into a pakoda/Urad dal Vada batter consistency.
– Keep aside for 5 minutes.
– Heat oil in a deep fry pan and drop the mixture.
– Reduce heat to medium-low and fry till they are golden brown.
– Serve hot with tomato ketchup/chutney along with your evening tea/coffee.
– Do not add too much water to the dough. The consistency has to be maintained to get round balls, else will end up in different shapes like mine.