My mom makes wonderful Mango Pickle and i still long for it now. This time when she was here at my place, I asked her to help me make this.
Try and let me know if you liked it.
– Wash and wipe the mangoes with a dry cloth. (Make sure that the mangoes are completely dry with no water droplet)
– Dry roast Mustard Seeds and Fenugreek Seeds separately and cool. Keep aside.
– Cut the mango to required size pieces.
– Put the cut mangoes into a dry bowl.
– Add Salt and turmeric to the cut mango pieces. Mix well with a dry spoon.
– Make a fine powder of the Mustard Seeds and Fenugreek Seeds.
– Remove this to the bowl of cut mangoes.
– Add the Asafoetida and red chillies powder and mix well.
– Add Oil in the end and mix well.
– Cover the bowl for 1-2 hours and store the mango pickle in a cleaned air-tight container.
– Leave this untouched for a 1-2 days before use.
– Stays good for a year if handled properly. So always use a dry spoon to take out the pickle and close the lid immediately after use.
– Use Byadagi whole Red Chillies for nice red colour.
– Dry the whole red chillies and then powder them using a mixer.