Also called as Kashi Halwa, it’s easy to make.
My mom always asked me to learn making new sweets…although my hubby has a sweet-tooth, he doesn’t indulge in eating too much of sweets…so I don’t make sweets much at home.
Thought of learning this as my mom says this was very easy…indeed it’s easy.
Try and let us know.
– Select a fresh Ash Gourd, peel, wash and grate it along with the seeds, if the seeds aren’t ripe or hard (if the seeds are hard, then grate only the fleshy part).
– Put the grated Ash Gourd into the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle on high.
– Once the pressure is released, add the sugar and keep stirring till the water almost evaporates (almost 10 minutes on high flame)
– Heat ghee in a shallow fry pan and add the cashew nuts. Stir fry till it changes color.
– Add the raisins and remove once they swell up.
– Add this to the ash gourd – sugar mixture and mix well.
– Keep stirring till the mixture comes out clean without sticking to the vessel.
– Serve hot or cold as a dessert.
– Increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.
– Other Dry fruits like, Almond, Pistachio can also be added.