This is a popular item in any Iyengar bakery in Bangalore. I love this and would make sure I had this when ever I visited a bakery during my childhood. I have not seen it in Kerala though.
My mom tried this at home one day and passed on the recipe to me….
– Heat oil in a wok/kadai and add in the onions and stir fry them till translucent on medium heat.
– Add in the turmeric powder, green chillies, curry leaves and mix.
– Add grated carrot and stir fry till carrot is cooked about 5-7 minutes on low flame.
– Add salt to taste and the coriander leaves and mix well. Keep aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
– Heat a griddle and slightly toast the bread slices.
– To serve spread the carrot mixture on the toasted bread and cover with another bread slice.