My 5 year old son gave me this recipe some time back with 1-2 ingredients missing. So he was reluctant that I try out his recipe and I did it for yesterday’s dinner and Voilà…it was superb…we all liked it and he was on top of the heaven that his recipe was so awesome..
Its a Simple one pot meal and ideal for lunch boxes.
– Wash and soak rice for 10-15 mins and cook the rice with 4 cups of water. Allow the rice to cool completely.
– Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok, add cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add cinnamon and cloves and fry them for a minute on medium heat.
– Add cashew nuts and fry until they change color.
– Add sliced onions and fry them until translucent.
– Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
– Add grated carrots and fry for 5-6 mins approximately or until the raw smell goes.
– Add turmeric, red chilli & Garam Masala powders and mix well.
– Add the cooked and cooled rice, salt and mix the rice nicely.
– Add lemon juice to the rice mixture along with coriander leaves and mix well.
– Serve with Raita of your choice.
– Cloves and Cinnamon can be avoided if packing for kids.
– Also you can use half ghee and half oil in the preparation.