– Boil the water. Remove from fire and keep aside.
– In a bowl, mix in the rice flour, salt and oil.
– To this add the boiling water and mix with a wooden spatula so that all of the dry rice flour is wet.
-Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
– Divide the mixture into 2-3 portions and knead each portion into smooth lump-free dough. Be careful with the dough as it would be hot. Wet hands if required.
– Grease and keep the presser ready. Also grease the idly plate into which we will use for steaming.
– Put a portion of the rice mixture and press through into thin strings into an idly plate.
– Repeat process for all the dough.
– Steam the Idiyappams for 5-6 minutes.
– Remove and serve hot with Vegetable Stew or Vegetable Kurma.
You can also make Spicy Capsicum Rice Vermicelli or Lemon Idiyappam/ Noolappam/ Shavige with the left over.