– Cook toor dal and 1 tomato in a cup of water. Mash when done. Keep aside.
– Grind one ring/slice of pineapple to paste and keep aside.
– Chop the other tomato and pineapple finely.
– Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel.
– Add mustard seeds, whole red chillies, and allow mustard to splutter.
– Now add in the crushed garlic, curry leaves and all the powders. Sauté for a minute on low flame.
– Add in the chopped tomato and pineapple and sauté on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
– Add 1½ to 2 Cups of water and bring to boil on high flame
– Add in the grinded paste and the cooked dal. Cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
– Garnish with chopped coriander and cover lid for at least 5 minutes before serving with hot rice.