This recipe was taught to my mom by her colleague in office. He used to eat this daily as he was a diabetic patient.
The health benefits of wheat are many. Whole wheat is rich in vitamins B1, B2, and B3 along with zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, folic acid, phosphorus and fiber. Whole wheat products retain all these nutrients and help keep a host of health problems in check. Studies show that eating a diet rich in whole grains can lower your risk of diabetes significantly.
– Wash the Semolina nicely and then mix in all ingredients except oil in enough water and keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
– Heat a Griddle on medium heat. Take a handful of the batter and pat into a round shape.
– Drizzle some oil on the corners of the dosa and close with a lid.
– Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes till the sides are slightly golden brown in colour.
– Flip the dosa and drizzle some oil. Allow to change colour, around 1 minute.
– Remove and serve with or without chutney. Tastes great either ways.