Thanks Padma for this wonderful recipe. Try this simple and healthy soup.
– Cut the broccoli into florets and its stalks chopped. Wash and keep aside.
– In a large heavy bottom vessel, bring the stock to boil.
– Keep a few broccoli florets aside for garnish.
– Add rest of the broccoli florets, onions, garlic to the stock and bring it to boil.
– Now add in the rice.
– Cover and cook over low flame for 20 minutes or till rice and broccoli are tender.
– Meanwhile cook the reserved broccoli florets in a little slightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender. Refresh in cold water and drain on paper towels.
– Take the stock vessel off the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
– Blend the ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth.
– Return the paste to the stock vessel to reheat.
– Stir in the sour cream/yogurt and season with salt and freshly ground pepper powder to taste.
– Serve Garnished with the reserved florets and toasted almonds.
– I have used water instead of stock.
– I have not garnished here as my family likes it simple.