Try this quick, easy and healthy cutlet for snacks on a rainy evening.
– Soak soya chunks in hot water for 20 – 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess water and mince in a mixer.
– Heat oil in a frying pan; add the onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and sauté till onion is translucent.
– Add the Garam masala, red chillies, coriander powders and salt. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
– Now add in the minced Soya chunks and sauté for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
– Remove from flame and allow cooling a bit. Mix in the mashed potatoes.
– Divide into equal size portions.
– Shape it per your desire. Keep aside.
– Beat the egg in a bowl. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate.
– Heat a tawa on low-medium heat.
– Take a cutlet, dip it in the egg, roll on the bread crumbs and place on the tawa.
– Drizzle oil on the sides and cook till golden brown.
– Flip and drizzle some oil and cook till golden brown.
– Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
– Vegetarians can use maida/corn flour mixed in water (2 Tbsp of Maida/corn flour in 1/8 cup of water) instead of Egg.
– You can deep fry or shallow fry instead of using the tawa.