Vegetable paratha’s are a delicious and nutritious Indian bread made with fresh vegetables and whole wheat flour. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch as it has a healthy mix of veggies and grains.
– Heat 1-teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, spring onion, fenugreek leaves and crushed ginger-garlic.
– Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder over it and saute over medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add mashed green peas.
– Mix well and turn off flame. Let cooked mixed vegetables cool for 5-minutes.
– In a mixing bowl, mix 1-cup wheat flour and salt. Add vegetables mixture, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder. Mix them properly.
– Knead until smooth by adding small amounts of water if required. Grease its surface with little oil, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
– After 10 minutes, divide the dough into equal portions. Take 1/2 cup of dry wheat flour in a plate for dusting.
– Take one dough ball, flatten it like patty and dust dry wheat flour over it. Roll out the Paratha.
– Heat a tawa/griddle on medium flame. Put the rolled out Paratha on the hot tawa. When tiny bubbles start to rise on the surface, flip it and reduce the flame to low.
– Spread 1/4 tsp oil around edges and spread over the Paratha. Flip it again and spread 1/4 tsp oil around over it. Press it with spatula and let it cook over medium flame. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
– Follow the same process for the remaining dough balls and you have a delicious and nutritious meal.
– Enjoy with Curd.
– Its important to mash the peas, so that the paratha’s can be rolled out easily without breaking.
– Other vegetables can also be added, like -grated beetroot, pumpkin & spinach.