– Boil about 3 cups of water in a vessel, add soya chunks and a little salt. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Switch off the stove, close the vessel with a lid and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Drain the water and once cooled, gently squeeze out the water from the soya chunks. Pulse the soya chunks in a blender 2-3 times to get a crumbled form. Keep aside.
– Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard and fennel seeds.
– Sauté onion and ginger-garlic paste until the onions turn slight brown.
– Add the bell pepper, sprinkle a little water, cover and cook until the bell pepper is completely cooked. Sauté in between.
– Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Sauté well.
– Add the crumbled soya chunks. Mix thoroughly and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
– If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle some water.
– Add garam masala and kasoori methi if using by crushing between the hands. Combine everything well and finally add the coriander leaves and mix. If you desire, squeeze a lime on this.
– Serve hot as a side dish with rice, chapattis or use as filling for sandwiches. Enjoy!