Parapu kootu is a combination of any dal with any vegetable. This is a typical Tamilian dish. Here I have the combination of moong dal & yellow pumpkin.
– In a pressure cooker, add diced pumpkin, moong dal, tomato, onion, green chilly, coconut, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, water & salt.
– Close the lid & cook it for 3 whistles.
– Take a pan, heat oil, add mustard and cumin seeds and allow spluttering. Then add the dry red chilli and the curry leaves. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
– Add it to cooker & sprinkle coriander leaves.
– Mix well & serve it hot as a side dish with white rice & Rasam or even with parathas.