Thank you Dity Paul for giving us such a healthy and yummy kerala dish with a difference. It is slightly different from the traditional Vellarikka Pachadi/ Cucumber Raitha that is served during festivals.
– In a bowl add the cucumber pieces and salt to taste. Mix and keep aside for minimum 1/2 hour.
– Make a fine paste of the coconut, green chillies and 1/2 Tsp mustard. Do not add too much water as this mixture needs to be thick.
– Now add some curd to this mixture and run the mixer for 5-6 seconds.
– Add this to the bowl of cucumber.
– Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in mustard seeds. Allow spluttering.
– Then add the curry leaves and the red/green chillies.
– Add the seasoning to the cucumber mixture and mix well .
– Serve as a side dish.