1 Cup Ripe Bitter Gourd (Cut to ¼ Cm pieces)
1-2 Tsp Tamarind Pulp
¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
¼ Tsp Mustard Seeds
2 Tsp Jagree
Salt to taste
4 Tsp Oil
For Masala Powder
1 Tsp Channa dal
1 Tsp Urad Dal
1 Tsp White Til
1 Tsp coriander Seeds
4 Dry Kashmiri chilli
4-5 Tsp of Dry Copra
– Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow to splutter. Add Bitter gourd and fry till golden brown.
– In the mean while dry fry each ingredient under the masala powder except copra and make a coarse powder of the same. – Add the copra in the end and powder it as well (as smooth as possible).
– Add turmeric powder, Jagree, tamarind pulp and salt along with ¼ cup of water to the bitter gourd and allow boiling for 4-5 minutes.
– Add water if the mixture is thickening.
– Add the Masala powder and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
– Serve as a side dish or with chapatti or dosa.