This is called so because Bread is called “Double Roti” in Hyderabad and some parts of India.
This is Fried bread triangles soaked in sugar syrup, flavored with thickened milk, garnished with dry fruits and nuts. It can also be called Bread Pudding.
Thank you BIL
for introducing us to such a mouth-watering dish.
½ Loaf Bread
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
4 drops Lime juice
Ghee/Fresh oil to shallow fry
500 ml Milk
1 Cup of Mixed Dry Fruits (Cashew, Raisins, Pistachio nuts, Dates) to garnish
A generous Pinch of Saffron strings/food grade Saffron Colour
300 grams Sugar
300 ml Water
– Cut bread into halves of triangle and let them dry over night, shallow/deep fry in ghee till golden brown. Keep aside.
– In a heavy bottom vessel, make sugar syrup by boiling the water and sugar. Once it’s boiled add in the cardamom powder, lime juice and saffron color. Stir and keep aside.
– In another heavy Bottom pan boil milk on simmer till the milk is reduced to 1/4th the original quantity. Keep this Rabdi aside.
– Soak bread in sugar syrup for few seconds and remove to a tray/broad bowl.
– Sprinkle all the dry fruits over the sweetened bread and pour over the rabdi.
– Allow to stay for 5-10 minutes and serve warm.