A Tangy Tamarind Chutney for your evening snacks…
200 grams Tamarind
3 cups Water
5 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Cumin seeds/ Jeera
½ Tsp chilly powder
2 tsp oil
½ Tsp Grated ginger
1 Green chilli – Finely chopped
A Pinch of Salt
A Pinch of Asafoetida/Hing
– Take a bowl of hot water & add tamarind into it. Leave it for 20 minutes.
– Take a pan & pour oil.
– Add jeera, green chilli & grated ginger. Give it a stir.
– Now mash the Tamarind in the water and pass it through a fine sieve into the pan.
– Add sugar & mix well till it dissolves.
– Add chilly powder, Asafoetida & salt. Mix well.
– Keep stirring until it starts becoming to thick consistency.
– Switch off the stove & pour the chutney to a serving dish.
Note: If you will not switch off the stove at right time, chutney will become very thick.