I have made this curry using Chicken. It was fast and tasty too. Try cooking with beef/mutton and do let us know how it came out.
½ Kg (cut to pieces) Beef/Chicken/Mutton
½ Cup (Slices) Onion
4-5 Garlic flakes (Finely chopped)
1″ Piece Ginger(Finely chopped)
1 Big Tomato (Finely chopped)
10-12 leaves Curry leaves
2-3 Tbsp Coriander leaves
2 Tbsp Meat masala
Salt to taste
¼ Cup Oil
– In a bowl mix in the meat pieces, 2 Tsp oil and the meat masala and allow marinating for ½ hour.
– Heat the rest of the oil in a kadai/wok and sauté onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves till onion is translucent. – Add tomato and cook till its tender.
– Now add in the marinated meat pieces and mix well.
– Add a cup or two of water and salt.
– Cover and cook till meat is tender.
– Garnish with coriander and serve.
Note: The dish can be cooked in a pressure cooker also. Cover and cook until 1-2 whistles.