This is known as Kobbari Mithai in Karnataka. Usually made for special occasions; this simple, easy and tasty dessert can be made any time for the sweet toothed.
Coconut 1 Cup
Sugar 1 ½ – 2 Cups
Cardamom Powder ½ Tsp (Optional)
Ghee for greasing
– Grate only the white part of the coconut.
– Squeeze the coconut to get the coconut milk. Keep aside.
– In a pan put the sugar and add the coconut milk. This has to soak the sugar. (Very little milk can be added if required).
– Heat the pan and keep stirring continuously until bubbles appear.
– Now add in the coconut and keep stirring till the bubbles re-appear and the mix don’t stick to the pan.
– Grease a tray/plate with ghee and add this mixture and flatten the top surface.
– Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes and run a knife through this making the desired shape (either square or diamonds).
– Decorate each piece with cashew or raisin and allow cooling completely. Store in Air-tight containers.