This has been a dish every body relishes in India. Its called differently though. In the north they call this Suji ka Halwa and here in the south its called Kesari or Kesari Bhath.
There are many varieties of Kesari as well like Pineapple Kesari, Banana Kesari and Rice Kesari.
This is the basic, simplest and easy dish. Enjoy it hot while it slowly melts in your mouth.
1 Cup Roasted Fine Rava/Semolina
1 -1 ½ Cup Sugar
1 pinch of Saffron strings/Food grade Orange colour
3 cups Water
10-12 Cashew nuts
3-4 Tbsp Ghee
A Pinch Cardamom powder (optional)
– Bring water to a boil along with the saffron/food grade colour.
– In a heavy bottom pan, heat 1 Tbsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown. Now add in the raisins and fry them till they bulge up.
– Now add in the rava/semolina and sugar to theand mix well.
– Add in the boiling water and stir. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove lid and mix.
– Add the remaining ghee and Cardamom powder and stir well.
– Serve hot.