This is an unique snack item which is fast to make and great at taste.
300 grams Ladies Finger
1/2 Tsp Red chilli Powder
2 Tbsp Gram Flour/Besan
1 tbsp Rice flour
A generous pinch of Chat Masala
Salt per taste
Oil for deep fry
– Wash the okras and pat dry it with a kitchen towel.
– Cut them into thin horizontal slices or round ones as you prefer.
– Mix all the ingredients, except oil , with the cut okras.
– Heat the oil in a deep fry pan.
– When the oil becomes hot, bring the flame to medium and throw in the okra mixture.
– A handful is enough for frying in one batch.
– Fry it till the sound of the oil ceases.
– Repeat the same for the rest if the Okra.
– Drain excess oil.
Chat masala too has salt, check and then add salt as required.
Also you can use Potatoes instead of the Okra. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes of 1 cm each and cook them for about 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain and pat dry on kitchen towel and follow the same method.