– Cook beetroot in a pressure cooker for about 7 minutes or upto 3 whistles.
– Heat up a pan and dry roast coriander seeds, bengal gram & red chillies,till they become golden brown in colour.
– Grind it nicely with shredded coconut by adding enough water.
– Heat the oil in the pan.
– Add onion & saute till translucent. Add tomato & fry well till tomato is cooked.
– Add cooked beetroot & mix well.
– Add salt & turmeric powder along with the grinded mixture and mix well.
– Allow beetroot curry to boil.
– Remove from flame & add curry leaves. Cover lid for 2-3 minutes before serving.
– Serve hot with rotis/parathas.