This is one of the favourites in the Punjabi Cuisine. This is Cottage Cheese in Spinach Gravy.
In this recipe, I have Shallow fried the Cottage Cheese/ paneer. We can however add it even without frying also.
– Wash & then cut the palak/spinach in pieces.Blanch this in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
– Drain and let it be cool & then put it in mixer to make a puree.
– Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the Paneer Pieces. Keep aside.
-In the same pan, add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
– Then add onion, garlic & green chillies.Saute for a minute on medium flame.
– Add a pinch of turmeric, salt & ginger paste. Mix it until it becomes soft. Keep it aside inside the pan itself.
– Pour oil again,add red chilly powder & coriander powder.
– Add chopped tomato & mix until it leaves the raw smell.
– Then mix all together & add garam masala.
– Now pour spinach puree & fried paneer cubes into it.
– Cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Fresh Cream.
– Enjoy with hot rotis/parathas.